Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Updates

Major lack of optimism this week. I just haven’t been as productive as I should, I get anxiety over that, less productivity, more anxiety, et cetera et cetera ad infinitum. Then one day, some awesome piece of news comes out, some online game gets release, or someone finally releases an anticipated sequel. Then I get energized, and back on track.

So, while no one was watching this blog, I updated my Windows Live Writer version. It’s spiffier, although a bit too shiny. I wonder how shinier future software will appear. Maybe they’ll produce metallic monitors, so we can actually see the shine.

Also, I started another project. I’ve always had a love for the classic songs; the songs from the 50’s, 60’s, 80’s, and 90’s (the 70’s, not so much). So I started taking all the songs that have been number one on the Billboard Top 100 list, and arranging them into consecutively into a medley, 2 seconds for every week on top. Right now I’ve gone from August 1958, the start of the list, to April 1962; the medley is over 6 minutes long. It’s a fun listen; I shall upload it sometime to either the crazy “Windows SkyDrive” that replaced my private sharing folders, or to YouTube, where it will surely surprise all my anime-loving subscribers. If anyone asks about copyright, I will claim fair use. After all, the longest (so far) a song has been in the #1 spot is 9 weeks; I hear a song in 2005 lasted 16 weeks. I don’t know if I’ll get that far, but YouTube does a pretty good job of putting up all the #1 songs, so I’ll just keep going till I get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment